Conference hashtag is #cfas17.
The keynotes are broadcast live, the stream links can be found here: https://moniviestin.jyu.fi/ohjelmat/hum/hela/en/anthropology-conference-2017/. (iOS and Android-compatible links can be found at the bottom of the page.)
The city of Jyväskylä is located in central Finland, in the heart of the Finnish lake district.
For further information on Jyväskylä, see the Visit Jyväskylä site.
The main international airport in Finland is the Helsinki Airport which is well connected to all parts of the world. From there, one can continue to Jyväskylä by train (State Railways VR), by bus (Matkahuolto or Onnibus) or by plane (Jyväskylä Airport). For further information on travel to Jyväskylä, see information for conference visitors by Jyväskylä Convention Bureau.
- Map of Agora, downloadable PDF of the main conference venue
- Here are some links to Google Maps to help you navigate during the conference:
- Agora Building: Ag C132, Ag C133, Ag C234, Ag D121, Ag D213, Ag D214, Auditorio 1, Main Hall, Piato (lunch), https://goo.gl/maps/JsLLekc4Np6
- MaD building: Ma D202, https://goo.gl/maps/KRzRTrqfsMJ2
- Hotela Alba: https://goo.gl/maps/RT6jBytX6QE2
- Jyväskylä Central Station (buses, trains): https://goo.gl/maps/MeJB6aJfht92
- Jyväskylä center: https://goo.gl/maps/DK3vQF3E2gR2
- From Jyväskylä Central Station to conference venue (Agora) on foot (15 min.): https://goo.gl/maps/M1ZqoCFR81G2
All conference participants are asked to make their own accommodation arrangements. Jyväskylä has a wide range of hotels to choose from, from hostels offering budget accommodation to cozy boutique hotels and a number of well-furbished quality hotels. The room rates include taxes, a buffet breakfast, and often also the opportunity to use the guest sauna.
The organizers have made block reservations and negotiated special rates for the conference attendees in following hotels:
Hotel Alba (homepage) is located next to the conference venue Agora Building by the Lake Jyväsjärvi.
Rates: singles 94,80€, doubles 115,80€
Make your reservation latest by 22.4.2017 through the hotel web site or via e-mail: info[a]hotellialba.fi or tel. +358 14 636 311. The campaign code is “MOBILITY”.
Make your reservations for both Hotel Cumulus and Cumulus Rantasipi Laajavuori using the code ”Mobility Conference” latest by 28.4.2017 through e-mail (my.reservation[a]restel.fi) or over the phone + 358 20 055 055.
Reservation code of the two Sokos hotels for the internet reservations (www.sokoshotels.fi) BMOBILITY. Reservation code for direct reservations: MOBILITY. Reservations for the Sokos hotels have to be done by 21.4.2017.